Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fun Fall Project


"We read in the psalms that 'the heavens declare the glory of God,
and the firmament shows His handiwork.' (Psalm 19:1)
On a smaller scale, your handiwork can also bring glory to God
 and show forth something of His beauty. 
So set your heart in motion, your mind to spinning, and your fingers to work
 and see what handiwork you can generate to glorify your wonderful God!" 
(Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George)


Finally, a day where I was able to stay home all day.  This morning I puttered around and got things put back where they belong.  It seems things end up in the strangest spots over the weekend.  This afternoon I spent some time helping my daughter review for her math exam and then we went through her closet, put away some of her summer clothes and organized her fall/winter clothes.  I was hoping for a few more really nice warm days but am not sure if that is going to happen.  By the weekend we are supposed to have rain/snow flurries.  I am not looking forward to that at all.  I got all my daily household chores done as well as gathered enough stuff together to make 2 1/2 bags to take to charity.  And with all that done I had time to finally finish up my fall project that I have been working on.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I saw one in a catalogue and thought I could make it for a lot cheaper, and I did, and it was fun to do.

 


 


 


 


 

I picked the sunflowers from our garden and dear hubby suggested I sit it on the bench in the back porch, which I thought was an excellent idea.


When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. 
(Joyce Brothers)

 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute project! Thank you for sharing it :)

    Blessings,

    maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!