Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Week in Pictures


Wow, it has been a busy week.  Here's a few pictures of some of the things I've been up to during the week.

 

I am continuing to put some finishing touches in our basement family room.  I am shopping tomorrow and hope to find the last few things I need.


 


I also made a table centerpiece from an old wooden candle holder that was kicking around the house.  I will be able to take it apart and redo for Christmas if I want



  

I found some antique lamps at an awesome price and then got them for 1/2 of that :)

 

These pictures don't do it justice but while I was working outside in our garden I saw our neighbors tree.  It was absolutely beautiful with the bright yellow leaves and contrasting brilliant red apples.



A few flowers from our garden that have finally begun to bloom.



I also made some soup.  It is definately turning into soup weather here and hubby likes soup for his lunch while working nights.


I'm still working on those big breakfasts for my family.  This is one of the family favorites and one of my favorites because it's fairly quick to make with only a few dirty dishes.



And of course, cooking meals.

I also did some front porch decorating but I will post those tomorrow.

Hubby is home from work so I am off to make some tea. 



"What we hope ever to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence.
(Samuel Johnson)


5 comments:

  1. Dear Alana,
    These are great pictures I love th soup and breaky shots. The basement just gets better and I adore you candle holder. Very creative
    Have a blessed weekend
    God Bless
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lamps are sensational! Wonderful additions and a great price to boot- love it!

    Soup weather is definitely here, too. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My daughter said she just loves being able to hang out in the downstairs room now. Hoping I can find the finishing touches for it today. The lamps are wonderful. I found them at a moving sale and it was near the end of the day so she just wanted to get rid of everything. Have a great weekend! ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alana,

    The soup looks so delicious and so satisfying for October's weather. I like your pictures :)

    Thank you for sharing your week with me...

    Blessings,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maria, the soup was delicious. Thank you for stopping by :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!