Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today... Saturday, November 20, 2010


Outside my window... It is dark, no stars or moon and it is lightly snowing (which it has been doing for the last five days)


I am thinking...  I wonder if it is going to start warming up soon, I should pull out the Christmas decorations and start working on the inside of the house since I can't do the outside right now, how I am going to do some baking with my daughter tomorrow.


I am thankful for... A warm house and vehicles that run in the cold weather.


From the learning rooms... We've had a bit of break but back to the books this week - English film study on October Sky and some Biology.


From the kitchen... For tomorrow's lunch, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, buns, cauliflower, corn, salad and Chocolate Pudding Cake for dessert.  As well, my daughter and I will be baking some chocolate chip cookie sqaures and some chocolate cupcakes for an upcoming bake sale.


I am wearing... Fuzzy pajamas, socks and my housecoat.  I am winding down for the night.


I am creating... Some Christmas flower arrangements.


I am going... To go have a cup of steamed milk before I call it a night.


I am reading... A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George.


I am praying for... A friend of my daughters who is really struggling right now.


Pondering these words... "Love is the world's most powerful motivator.  So if we love our home, love there and love managing it, building it, watching over it, and keeping it, then love will conquer all.  No task will be too difiicult and no job will be too menial (or meaningless!) but love will enable us and empower us to tackle it, master it, and excel at it."  (Elizabeth George)


I am STILL hoping... Our basement family room will be finished before Christmas.  Hubby is laying the flooring right now so it is quite possible!!


I am hearing... Saw cutting (from hubby working in the basement), humm of my computer.


Around the house... I got caught up on some housework and laundry today.  Tomorrow some baking and maybe a start on Christmas decorating.


One of my favorite things... Right now anything that does not involve cold or snow.


A few plans for the rest of the week...  Dr. apnt and school on Monday, Shopping on Tuesday, Housework and Christmas baking on Wednesday, School on Thursday, Housework and Christmas projects on Friday and School on Saturday.  (Right now we are doing school around my daughter's work schedule)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



This was taken a few years ago when my kids were younger and still played outside.


Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Alana...we have been away for a few days and I am trying to catch up on visiting all that you have shared. I loved the table setting that you shared a few posts back and of course I always love reading your "Simple Woman's Daybook" and all that you share there! Sweet blessings for your week! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alana,
    Baking sounds like fun! I like your snowman photo. :) I enjoyed the Elizabeth George quote. I love reading her books so much...she is so inspiring. I hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Awww don't you miss when kids are young enough to want to play outside......... Love the snowman! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my place and helping me with insight on what apron to send!!! I sure do appreciate it! Nice to meet you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!