Monday, November 22, 2010

A Winter Day


We are on our seventh day of snow and it is really beginning to accumulate and it is cold.  The sun decided to peek out for a little bit so while hubby decided to continue work on the family room (we're hoping to be able to move the furniture in before Christmas) I decided to head outside and take a few pictures of our winter wonderland.







It was cold which made me want to stay inside for the rest of the day and do some baking. 
I made some Cinnamon Coffee Cake for our brunch.  I haven't made it in a very long time and it was so yummy fresh from the oven.


My daughter also did some baking.  She made her favorite, Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares.




When we were done with the baking I decided to pull the Christmas decorations out of storage.  I'm anxious to get decorating now.  We do have a tradition that the kids and I take an afternoon and do the decorating.  It is kind of like a Christmas decorating party.  I wasn't sure if they would still want to do that with their busy schedules but when I asked if they would like to help me decorate they gave me that look.  The one that says, "Why are you asking a silly question?"  LOL  Anyways, I guess that means we will be decorating next Sunday afternoon.  That is the only time all of us have time together but I hope to get some Christmas baking done before then so we can enjoy a bit when we decorate.  I can't wait.


Well, hauling the totes out from storage and then carrying them down a full flights of stairs is a bit of a chore so when I was finished I sat down with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate with a bit of whipping cream, and of course, I put it in a Christmas mug.


A perfect end to a peaceful day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your snow photos are so wonderful Alana! They remind me of the Christmas snow scene from Little Women. The March girls could walk down through the trees any minute!
    I've always wanted a 'white Christmas' but here in Australia it's a rare thing indeed! Still I dream..and enjoy the lovely images from my northern hemisphere friends :-) Enjoy your decorating. I'm sure it will be beautiful! blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty but it was bitterly cold. Thankfully it will be warming up and we can actually enjoy having the snow. ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!