Monday, January 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Monday, January 24, 2011


Outside my window... It is dark outside but the moon and stars are shining.

I am thinking...  That I am glad it is the end of the day and I am looking forward to relaxing the rest of the evening.

I am thankful for... Having enough.

From the learning rooms... English essays.

From the kitchen... Homemade meals this week as we have almost cleaned out the leftovers from the fridge.

I am wearing... (was wearing dark wash denims, purple top with grey jacket) changed into black sweats and pale pink sweat top as I wind down for the evening.

I am creating...  Embroidery work on some pillowcases.

I am going... To watch some TV tonight (I don't do that very often)

I am reading... A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus by Elizabeth George

I am praying for... Strength for each day.


Pondering these words... "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. (Aristotle)

I am STILL hoping... That spring will come sooner rather than later.

I am hearing... The computer, my daughter typing, my husband coughing, the dog stretching, and the wind not blowing for a change.

Around the house... Time to do some Valentines decorating.

One of my favorite things... Soft blankets and fluffy slippers.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  Monday - errands, grocery shopping and working at the church library, Tuesday - housework and baking, Wednesday - school with daughter & housework, Thursday - more school, Friday - more school & bake sale baking.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...




Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.


2 comments:

  1. This is great! It reminds me of a diary and a daily planner all wrapped up in one! And the additon of the precious photo just completes the package! I think your week sounds marvelous! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I came across the photo when I was uploading some Christmas photos. My daughter must have taken it but it definately gave me a chuckle and I had to share it. :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!