Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quick & Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole

I love cabbage rolls.
Unfortunately I don't have the time, patience or skill to make them.
I have, however, come across this recipe which I absolutely love and more than satisfies that cabbage roll craving.


Cabbage Roll Casserole

 1 medium onion
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 tsp. seasoning salt
6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup unooked rice
2 cans tomato soup

Saute chopped onion in butter or margarine.  Add, heating through meat and seasonings.  Spread half of the cabbage in bottom of sprayed casserole dish.  Sprinkle with rice.  Cover with meat mixture and top with rest of cabbage.  Spread tomato soup over all.  Cover and bake at 350F for approximately 1 hour.


I love to serve this dish with warm baking powder biscuits and a tossed salad.


"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes a meal."
(Kirby Larson)


I am joining "The King's Court IV" for What's Cooking Wednesday


And Miz Helen at "Miz Helen's Country Cottage" for Full Plate Thursday

7 comments:

  1. Your dish looks delicious! I am anxious to try it. I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks so much for stopping by my post and introducing yourself. Have a Blessed day! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even had a cabbage roll but this makes me want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cabbage rolls. This looks like a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

    Misty - It is definately something you need to try :)

    Candace - Your welcome!

    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would just love your Cabbage Roll Casserole, we love dishes like this, I can almost smell it. Thank you so much for bringing your wonderful dish to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen - I'm glad I could join in again this week. ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cabbage rolls but like you hardly ever find the time to make them. I'm saving this recipe for the next time that I have a craving for cabbage. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!