Monday, February 28, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Monday, February 28, 2011


Outside my window... It's gray, it's lightly snowing and the temperature is dropping.  After a weekend of temperatures right around freezing we are once again heading back into the deep freeze.


I am thinking...  How I wished I felt better and that this cold would just go away nice and quickly.


I am thankful for... Warm tea and honey for sore throats.


From the learning rooms... Starting Social.


From the kitchen... I will be cleaning out the fridge so it will probably be an assortment of leftovers.


I am wearing...  Black sweats, black tank and a black pullover.


I am creating...  A x-stitched bib.


I am going... To kick this cold this week.


I am reading... What Happens When Woman Care by Emilie Barnes.


I am praying for... My dad who will be going to have an angiogram and possibly angioplasty next week.


Pondering these words... Govern thy life and thoughts as if the whole world were to see the one, and read the other (Thomas Fuller)


I am STILL hoping... That spring will come sooner rather than later.


I am hearing... The computer, my daughter working on her social.


Around the house... Low-key activities as we battle the cold.


One of my favorite things... Watching old movies.


A few plans for the rest of the week... It's a quiet week so the only plans I have is to go to the city on Thursday.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



We all need something to cuddle :)

Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.


5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your daybook entry today. I'm' sorry to hear that you have been sick with the cold. I hope that you get better soon.

    I will also be keeping your father in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like has some "scary" doctor appointments coming in the near future.

    Your picture thought was cute as well. :)

    Take care and get well soon!

    -Lady Rose

    P.S. I am new to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray with you for your father. I like your post and thoughts here. Hope you all heal quickly and I am with you here, very anxious for Spring time, as well. Cute picture of your cat. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alana, I am sorry that you have been feeling poorly, but this week is a quiet one, so rest...

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello~ Thank you so much for your kind visit to The Times. I am with you in longing for Spring. I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. It is good that your week looks to be a quiet one.

    We love watching old movies too. Hope you feel better soon. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Rose - Thank you and welcome to my blog!

    Christine - Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

    Marie - I will do my best to get some rest :)

    Mrs. Santos - Thank you for dropping by :)

    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!