Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


My blog friend Blondee has awarded me with the Stylish Blog Award. I am honored that she considered me for the award.  If you have a chance, stop by and visit her blog.  She's a wonderful, warm and funny homeschooling mom who has a love for life and everything in it.

************************************

There are some rules for the award and they are:-

~ Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.

~ Share 7 things about yourself.

~ Award 7 recently discovered great bloggers.

~ Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

*************************************

So, here it goes - seven things about myself that you may not know.

1.  I cannot cook anything pre-packed and frozen.  I always seem to burn them.  In fact, hubby has banned me from cooking frozen pizzas.  If I buy them I have to leave them for him to cook.

2.  I have been spelunking (caving) and loved it.  I hope we get a chance to go again this summer.

3.  I love big dogs.

4.  I love watching old movies from the '30s and '40s.

5.  One of my favorite foods is dark chocolate with almonds.

6.  I'm almost at the end of my career as a homeschooling mom and I'm not sure if I should sit down and cry or jump up and down with joy - maybe both??

7.  I love weeding.  There is something so satisfying and calming about cleaning up flowerbeds and gardens.

**************************************

Now, onto my seven recently discovered great bloggers :)

1.  Stop by and visit Kelsie at Our Country Home .  She shares and joys and trials of a simple country life while living on their families original homesite.

2.  Check in on Debi at Barefoot Mom who has a great love for her family and friends.

3.  Say hi to Misty at Misty's Mornings . She's a hard working mom with a daydreamer heart.

4.  Don't miss out on Lisa at Suburban Retreat . She works hard at creating an oasis in the city and does a fabulous job.

5.  I'm sure Shannon won't mind if you stop in for a cup of tea at The Musings of Mrs. Evans . She has a passion for the simple things in life.

6.  To enjoy some beautiful Canadian gardening stop in and see Jennifer at Three Dogs In a Garden

7.  Christine is a wonderful and warm who shares so many wonderful things at Wash, fold, put away and repeat....

If you read this I hope you take time to drop in and say hi to all of these wonderful ladies.

Thank you again Blondee for this award :)

5 comments:

  1. I find weeding so frustrating (I think it's sitting still that long) but what an amazing difference it makes! Love the feeling of accomplishment after! :)

    Will definitely stop by these blogs, love to find new 'friends' and good reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award! I have passed it along to 7 others (such fun!) and am now checkingout your list of blog friends. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you for the wonderful surprise in my comment box. It has been so fun reading your blog and getting to know you. Thanks, Alana, for the kind recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SINCERE THANK YOU for the award! You certainly deserve yours and I'm going to go visit the others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blondee - It does give a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

    Debi, Misty & Lisa - Your so welcome and all deserving of the award.

    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!