Saturday, August 20, 2011

Around Our Yard

After touring other people's gardens I thought I would take a few pictures from our own backyard.


These hollyhocks are my daughters favorites.  I had some hollyhocks growing by our greenhouse when she was younger but there was only one pink in the whole bunch.  She carefully collected the seeds and planted them in another spot in the yard where they are now thriving.  I do love the color on them.


These pictures were taken earlier in the summer.  These are the snow peas just beginning to bloom.


This was also the first daylily to bloom.


This vine was just one little stem two years ago.  It is beginning to fill in nicely.


Our favorite place to relax on a hot summer day.


Some little violas bravely growing where no plant has grown before :)  Another one of my daughters favorites.


"Why try to explain miracles to your kids
when you can just have them plant a garden." 
~Robert Brault~

2 comments:

  1. The flowers in your yard are so pretty! It looks like a beautiful place to relax on a hot summer's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Our yard is definately a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!