Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday's Scrumptious Scraps


Saturday's Scrumptious Scraps.  
It's all about taking those bits and pieces of leftovers and making them into another great and creative meal.


Bananas.  Of course, when we have over ripe bananas most people have a go-to Banana Bread recipe.
And, although I do love banana bread I have to admit, these muffins have become one of my #1 favorites.



Banana Bran Muffins Make-Over
1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unprocessed bran or wheat germ
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp chopped pecans

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease 18 muffin cups.  In large bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until fluffy.  Add bananas, eggs, milk and vanilla; blend well.  Stir in all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.  Sprinkle batter with pecans.

Bake at 375 degrees for 22-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.  Serve warm.


Delicious!
And three over ripe bananas that couldn't be eaten just became 1-1/2 dozen yummy, good for you muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for commenting on my raspberry lemonade bars. These banana muffins look great! I will try this the next time I have over ripe bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!