Saturday, March 31, 2012

Making Spring A Little Bit Better


I need to be honest.
Early spring is my least favorite time of year.
Sure I enjoy the fact the days are getting warmer
and the evenings are getting longer.


However, whenever I look outside
what I see is brown and muck.
It's too early to see the early shoots getting ready to burst.
And it's still to early to see the leaves that will soon emerge.
I did find these bright little rubber boots though
so when I do venture into the garden to look
for those early shoots they remind me that the color is on its way.


And on my kitchen window sill that looks over the backyard
the African Violets are blooming in all their glory.


Just another reminder that soon early spring will
turn into the full glory of summer.


Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. 
~Virgil A. Kraft~

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts. Glad to see you're back. :)

    Your African Violets are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new boots are bound to make even mud look stylish! I always look forward to the ground drying out a bit before I truly get excited about the season. With the dogs, there are days in early spring when I feel my kitchen floors will never be clean again!
    P.S. Your african violets are a beautiful start to the blooming season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!