Thursday, July 5, 2012

Light Blueberry Donuts


I bought some donut pans at half price
and couldn't wait to try them
and since I had some blueberries in the fridge
I thought this recipe sounded perfect for breakfast.


Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 Tbsp canola oil
1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Sugar Topping
1/4 cup sugar


Preheat oven to 375F.  Spray a doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine all dry ingredeints in a mixing bowl.
Combine all wet ingredeints except for blueberries into a separate mixing bowl.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry just until combined,
then gently fold in the blueberries.


For mini donuts, drop one Tbsp of batter into each donut form.
Use two Tbsp for traditional-size donuts.


(Next time I make these I would fill them a little less)
Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.


Place the sugar into a resealable bag.
Place a donut at a time in the bag and shake well to coat.


Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 10 regular size donuts or 20 mini donuts.


These are best eaten fresh which is not hard to do :)


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am joining...
Walking on Sunshine for Foodie Friends Party
Crazy for Crust for Crazy Sweet Tuesday

36 comments:

  1. Oh my, those look wonderful! I'll now be on the hunt for one of those pans. Hope you had a great, 4th, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Hope you had a great 4th of July :)

      Delete
  2. Alana, these look so yummy! I so enjoy your beautiful blog! Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jean :) I really appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete
  3. These look delicious! I've seen these pans but have never bought them. After seeing this recipe I'm getting them. Thanks for sharing.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody, that was the first time I have used them but I have so many recipes that I have seen that I want to try :)

      Delete
  4. These look amazing! I'm adding to pinterest to try the next time I pick up blueberries. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get one of those pans!! Those look soooooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that...baked donuts. No added fat, yet, cute round donuts...WITH a fav of BLUEBERRIES.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alana,
    Oh my goodness blueberry donuts. I'll take two with my coffee. I don't have that pan to make them or I would make these today. I'll have to get one of those pans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at Michaels and used 50% off coupons :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. They are good! They disappeared right away :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, my! These look delicious. Can't wait to try them...I'm going to share your recipe with my youngest since she's the baker in our house:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice that she does the baking. Hope she enjoys these :)

      Delete
  10. OMG these look incredibly delicious - I'd love one right about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm with the sugar coating - they are amazing with a fresh cup of coffee :)

      Delete
  11. Yum, those look SOOOO good. I think I'd eat all 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let's just say between my daughter and myself there weren't too many left for later ;)

      Delete
  12. Hi lana,
    Your donuts look ssoooo delicious!
    I'm getting hungry just looking at them...it's almost morning tea time here.
    Have a good week
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could send you some fresh and warm for your morning tea :)

      Delete
  13. This looks very very tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep seeing these baked doughnuts. I am going to have to get one of these pans and try them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I commented earlier in the week regarding how AMAZING these look but I wanted to thank you for joining the party today! Please come back next week with another one of your great recipes! Hope you had fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love blueberry anything! These look great, thanks for sharing on FFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh we love blueberries and these muffins look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alana, I have a donut pan and am always looking for new recipes!!! These look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!