Thursday, July 19, 2012

Speedy Strawberry Bavarian


This is a nostalgic recipe for me.
My mom used to make is quite regularly
and I can remember having to whip the Dream Whip for this recipe.
It always used to feel like forever until it was ready.
My mom gave me a copy of her favorite cookbook,
"Purity All Purpose Flour Cook Book"
when I got married and that is where you can find the original recipe.


Ingredients
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry flavored jelly powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cold water
1 (2-ounce) packaged whipped dessert topping
1-1/2 cup fresh strawberries


Dissolve the jelly powder and sugar in boiling water.
Stir in cold water and chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.


Meanwhile, whip packaged dessert topping according to directions on package.
Fold 1-1/2 cups into thickened gelatine along with fresh berries.
Chill until firm. Garnish with remaining whipped topping.


I think to make this recipe even easier you probably could
substitute the whipped topping with Cool Whip.
Also, you can make any combination you can come up with,
orange jello with oranges,
lemon jello with blueberries,
peach jello with oranges or peaches
cherry jello with cherries or strawberries,
the possibilities are endless :)


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Something Swanky for Sweet Treat Thursday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday

26 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely and refreshing and what wonderful memories you have of it too!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! It is perfect for a hot summer day :)

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious Alana! Thanks for sharing a beautiful recipe; I know I will have to try this!! Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love creamy jello dishes - I don't know why I never think to make them for myself. This looks tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! They are a perfect summer dish.

      Delete
  4. My Mom made this recipe a lot, too. Always loved it. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so neat that you're mom used to make it too :)

      Delete
  5. This recipe looks so delicious. I have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy and so refreshing! Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's got strawberries in it, I'll love it, sweetpea! Just love that luscious red fruit.
    xoxo
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - you can't go wrong with strawberries :)

      Delete
  8. This was always a favorite at church pot lucks of my youth! The ladies called it pink fluff! Have a great evening, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this type of dessert. Simple and fruity, and strawberries fresh off the vine can not be beaten!
    Sounds yum!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you find Dream Whip? This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can usually find it in the baking aisle at the grocery store.

      Delete
  11. It looks so yummy Alana! I have the very same Purity cookbook from years ago too!Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so neat that you have the same cookbook :)

      Delete
  12. My mother used to use Dream Whip all the time as I was growing up! This looks really good and refreshing! Wanted to remind you of our Foodie Friend Linky Party going on today! Would love for you to join again! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dream Whip used to be what Cool Whip is now. :)

      Delete
  13. I love the salads we used to make with Dream Whip! Delicious. Thank you for reminding me....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alana,
    I just love this recipe, like Kate, it reminds me of the wonderful salads we used to make with the Dream Whip. Your Strawberry Bavarain looks delicious! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!