Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Simple Sweet Peas


My hubby picked me a sweet little bouquet of sweet peas from the garden
so I thought why not put together a table featuring the sweet peas.


I pulled out my pink tablecloth,
added some white placemats
and my everday dishes.


My favorite accent plates that seem to go with everything.


A simple white bowl and pink napkin
with my delicately floral wine glass.


A simple crocheted doilie and the beautifully fragrant sweet peas.


I wanted to keep this table simple so I just added
a tealight holder with these light pink tealights
on either side of the sweet peas.


I find that no matter how simple the meal
a pretty table makes it seem so much better :)


Now we use our table for a lot of things
so it's just not practical for us
 to keep it dressed up throughout the week.


I do like to keep with my weekly theme though
so this is what my weekday table looks like.


Two pretty little doilies for the tealights
and the bouquet of sweet peas in the center.
Simple, sweet and pretty.


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty... I love your tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-a pretty table somehow makes everything better!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always set such a pretty table! The bouquet of sweet peas is beautiful, and so sweet your hubby to give you. I hope you are enjoying a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so precious...and your table is as sweet as can be. I love a pretty table, too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty fresh flowers are always nice and sweet peas are one of the best.
    Merle....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alana,
    LOVE, love,love your sweet peas and that they are a gift from your hubby makes then very special. These are one of my very favourite flowers. I like the shape and colours of the delicate flowers. Your 'every day' setting is beautiful and elegant.
    Have a good week
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah...sweet peas! I don't think there is a prettier flower anywhere! Your table matches your flowers in 'prettiness.'
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!