Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Sunday, October 6, 2013

Outside my window... It is still dark

I am thinking... Of all the good things coming up this week - birthdays, my daughter coming home for a visit and Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for... Family celebrations.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Buns, Gravy, Cauliflower w/cheese sauce, Corn, Tossed Salad, Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
~Monday: Beef Noodle Dinner, Oven Baked Zucchini, Asian Salad, Coconut Cream Pie
~Tuesday: Peppery Halibut, Rice, Carrots, Broccoli, Tossed Salad, Chocolatey Chip Cake
~Wednesday: Honey Garlic Pork Chops, Stuffed Potatoes, Peas, Cauliflower, Tossed Salad, Coconut Cream Pie
~Thursday: Birthday Supper Out
~Friday:  Crockpot Chicken & Biscuits, Tossed Salad, Chocolately Chip Cake
~Saturday: Thanksgiving Dinner

I am wearing... Blue Jeans, Blue & White striped top w/matching blue cardigan

I am creating... A x-stitch sampler

I am reading... Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman by Elizabeth George

I am praying for... Family members

Pondering these words... Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. ~Thomas a Kempis, Imitation of Christ, c.1420
 

I am still hoping... To finish some projects.

I am hearing... The wind whistling around the house.

Around the house... Preparations for the upcoming celebrations.

One of my favorite things... Hearing the dishwasher running after dinner while I enjoy a cup of tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Monday: Outside Work
~Tuesday: House Cleaning
~Wednesday: Birthday day - mine and my sons!
~Thursday: Errands & Grocery Shopping
~Friday: Pick up daughter from airport
~Saturday: Family time
 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


~Touches of fall around the house~


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

12 comments:

  1. I just finished a x-stitch project I have been working on for 2 years. I am so excited to be done with it. What is your sampler going to be about? Happy birthday a bit early. I hope you have a great day, you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sampler that says Beauty is God's Handwriting. I will have to post a picture soon. Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

      Delete
  2. Hello...I'm visiting from over at Peggy's. I wanted to tell you that I love the way you organize your home by days! I am going to take that to heart because seeing that written out really would help in seeing goals met! And I am glad your daughter is coming home. We are going to visit our daughter this weekend. She's about 4 hours away from us and it has been a couple of months since we've seen her and the family. It will be wonderful to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scheduling out my days helps me stay on track. Enjoy your visit with your daughter :)

      Delete
  3. I always love to see your menus, they always sound delicious.
    Love your "Pondering of Words"
    Also...Happy Early Birthday to you, I had one a couple of weeks ago. Gosh, the years just keep flying by to quickly for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes and yes, the years do fly by too quickly! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post! I like your menu plans and how you've plotted out your plans for the week. Organization works well for me, too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! You are so organized with meal planning and chores! I think I will visit here again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organizing helps me stay on track - most weeks that is - lol! So glad you stopped by and hope you visit again :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, like others, I love your organization. I am an organizational enthusiast and think it makes for a much more productive life. A great daybook and so enjoyed visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!