Sunday, November 3, 2013

Around Our Sunday Table

It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for.  He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire.  Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient.  But a thankful heart hath a continual feast.  ~W.J. Cameron

 
As we gather around our Sunday table there are so many
things to be thankful for this week.

 
Despite the winter storm that blew in
our power stayed on and family members that
had to travel stayed safe.

 
That hubby is diligent about getting doctor check-ups.

 
That my mom & I had such a great time
on our "Girls Day Out".

 
That I was able to share what I have
with others this week.

 
For our cozy home.
 
 
What are you thankful for this week?
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am joining...
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays


10 comments:

  1. Your table setting is beautiful, Alana. I've worked at making our Sunday menu for this week something special...thanks to your post last week. But I hadn't thought about how to set the table. Once again, you inspire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! It is fun to come with a new idea each week or so for decorating the table :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful table setting! I am thankful for the stew that is simmering away on the stove top. It smells so good. :)

    The strawberry popcorn seeds that we planted were ordered from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! I am going to have to see if I can find some here in Canada! They have me so intrigued. I love trying new things in the garden :)

      Delete
  3. "A thankful heart hath a continual feast"....I love that quote. And you've had a good week filled with blessings. We've enjoyed being in the mountains this week and seeing the fabulous fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá amiga,vim retribuir sua carinhosa visita ao meu cantinho.
    Fiquei feliz por seguir-me!!!
    Obrigada,volte sempre e pegue o meu selinho de agradecimento!

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alana, I trust you have had a good week thus far. I wanted to mention to you that I did a blog post today entitled "A Short Story" that I thought you might enjoy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! I will definitely check it out :) It has been one of those busy weeks here leaving me no time to get any blogging done! Hope to get some posts up soon though.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Love your table settings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!