Sunday, November 10, 2013

Around Our Sunday Table

Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~George Herbert


  
Oh, the many things I have to be thankful for this week
as we gather around our Sunday table.


Safety!  Hubby slipped and fell on the ice.
Although he took quite a tumble he didn't break anything.
He is a little sore but I am so thankful it wasn't anything worse.
 

 Safety again!
While carpooling home from work the vehicle hubby was in
(not our vehicle)
hit a hay bale that was on the highway.
Although the car was damaged and needed to be towed
no one in the vehicle was hurt!

 
And safety again.
A winter storm last week
and family members travelling.
Once again we were granted travelling mercies. 
 

Friends.
I have been so blessed this week
with such encouragement and kind words.
I am so thankful for friends. 
 
 
I am thankful for the home God has blessed us. with.
It may be simple but it keeps us warm and dry
and holds so many good memories. 

 
What are you thankful for this week?
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so many things... good friends, good health, a cozy home, a wonderful husband, children and grandchildren who live nearby... I could go on and on, but thank you for inspiring me to stop and give thanks! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful table setting! You do have lots to be thankful for! So glad your husband was kept safe. I am thankful for a job to help with my son's medical care although I would SOOOOOO rather be at home. :)

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! It's tough to have to work outside the home but what a blessing to be able to help with your son's medical care.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!