Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas in the Kitchen

 
Christmas decorating has begun around our home.
Gone are the days when I could get it done in one day.
 
 
Christmas Decorating Day was always a big deal
when the kids were younger.
They got a day off school
and Grandma came over and
everyone had their own special jobs to do.
Of course, there were also special treats too!
 
 
 
Now that the kids are no longer kids, but adults
it takes me a little longer than one day!
However, I do wait to decorate the family tree
until my daughter comes home and we do it together.

 
So, I started in the kitchen this year.
My kitchen window ledge always gets some seasonal décor!
 
 
An uncle-in-law made this beautiful cut glass candle holder
especially for me when he heard how I loved the one
he had made for his daughter.
 
 
One of my favorite little bears next to Frosty
puts a smile on my face!


While doing dishes the window ledge vignette
gives a warm and cozy feeling
even while looking out on a snowy landscape.
 
 
The other feature spot in my kitchen is the fridge top.
You see it from so many angles in our home.
 
 
This year I put up the x-stitched cardinal I did last year.
 
 
Along with this musical cardinal hubby found for me at a garage sale.

 
I have to admit that I love cardinals
and if something has a cardinal on it
I have a hard time passing it by.

 
Do you add Christmas touches to your kitchen? 
 

 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 
I am joining...
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
Our Delightful Home for Show Me What You Got
A Stroll Through Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

9 comments:

  1. All your little decorative touches are lovely. I too add Christmas touches in my kitchen. We have a small feather tree that I decorate with gingerbread men and candy canes. I also have a white pitcher which I fill with berry branches ( artificial branches, but they look real).
    Congratulations on being the Fine Foliage book winner. Can you please email me your home address? You can reach me at jenc_art@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana, your decorating in the kitchen is so sweetly done. I love snowmen, and birds of any kind. The cross stitch you did of the cardinals is amazing! What gorgeous work you do! The bear is so cute...and the candle holder really is pretty...and it makes for such a soft glow...a lovely way to do dishes! I know what you mean about it taking you longer than a day to put out Christmas decorations now. I'm the same way. Have a blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna for your sweet comments! The end is in sight for decorating and I will be glad to be able to sit back and enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Sweet! Thanks for stopping by JP and Happy feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas in the kitchen is wonderful.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your decor is so beautiful. I especially love your Christmas tea setting. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!