Monday, November 11, 2013

Cleaning The Coffee Maker

 
Cleaning the coffee maker is quite simple to do
and makes the coffee taste so much better.
The recommendations for cleaning on my coffee maker
is to clean it after 60 uses.
This works out to about once a month for us.

 
First, add four cups of vinegar
and eight cups of water.
Add a fresh coffee filter.

 
If your coffee maker has a self-clean button turn that on
and then turn on the coffee maker
and let it brew through the cycle.
If you don't have the self-clean
just turn on the coffee maker and do a regular brew cycle.

 
Once the cycle is finished let it sit for 15 minutes,
empty the vinegar/water mixture
and run another cycle through,
although this time with just plain water.
If you haven't cleaned your coffee maker in quit some time
you may want to do a second vinegar/water cycle
and then a rinse cycle.

 
My coffeemaker has a charcoal filter
so I replace it when I clean the coffeemaker.

 
Remove the old filter
and replace with a fresh charcoal filter.

 
Let it soak in water for 10 minutes.
 

 
Then rinse under running water for 10-15 seconds.
Let drain completely and place back in the coffeemaker.
 
 
Brew a fresh pot of coffee and enjoy!

 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Alana. Our coffeemaker is one of the older Bunn coffeemakers. I do basically the same thing as you have said here...but my husband says that the first pot of coffee brewed afterwards always has a vinegary taste. He said it is the same way at work when they clean the coffee pot. I am wondering if running another cycle or two of just plain water in addition to the one you mentioned would help that? I appreciate the time and effort you put into doing this post. And I love your cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always done a rinse cycle and have never had a vinegary taste afterwards. In my coffee maker instructions it says that if there is still a smell of vinegar after one rinse then you should do a second rinse cycle so I think it would definitely help get rid of that initial taste. You will have to let me know :) I always appreciate you stopping by and your comments! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!