Friday, November 22, 2013

Frugal Friday - How I Saved This Week!

Prices seem to go up every year for just the basics.
Unfortunately, our income often doesn't match the pace
of the increase for costs of goods.
"A penny saved is a penny earned"
is something I heard very often while growing up.
So, here are a few of the ways I saved some of our pennies this week,
which in turn allows us to live comfortably on less.
 
 
Using coupons and shopping the sale items
I saved $23.69 this week.

 
Buying in bulk and packaging meat into smaller meal size portions
cuts down on the cost of meat.
 
 
Shut the doors and keep the lights off!
Our porch is cool and keeping the doors shut
keeps us from heating this part of the house that doesn't need heating.
I also make it a point to keep lights off as long as possible
and then only use the lights that are needed in the evening.

 
I love those little magnetic list pads you can get from the Dollarstore.
When I finish up a notepad I take the magnet off the back
and add it into my crafting supplies.

 
 
How did you save money this week?
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. I already threw away my grocery receipt but I know that I did save a considerable amount by shopping the specials in three stores and also because I bought groceries for two weeks instead of one...which always stretches those dollars. I have also started making sure that when the bell on the dryer starts ringing that I get to it shortly after the first ring because the longer it runs the more electricity it uses. Thank you for the reminder about the lights. I'm not so good at that one and I need reminded! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to stay on budget has been a bit more challenging with extra baking but I love the challenge :) When the bell on my dryer broke I started using my oven timer -- which is really loud and annoying - work great! lol

      Delete
  2. I cannot stand to let anything go to waste, so I use every bit of food that we have. Today I made vegetable stock with the ends of leeks, carrots, celery, onions and other things that most people would consider as scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting better at using up our odds 'n ends in the fridge. I think soups always have the best flavor when you have such a wonderful combination of bits & pieces :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!