Monday, November 25, 2013

Turkey Pie

 
If you have any leftover chicken or turkey
this is a super quick and simple meal to make.
I often use it for lunch but can also make for a quick dinner as well.
 
 
Ingredients
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken or turkey
1 cup frozen vegetable mixture - thawed
(I often use leftover veggies from the fridge)
1 cup frozen hashed browns
(Or leftover potatoes or stuffing)
2-9-inch pastry shell, frozen, uncooked
 
 
 
Mix soup, chicken, vegetables and potato;
spread in bottom pie shell.
Top with pastry shell, and press pastry against rim of plate.
Prick crust to allow steam to escape.
Bake in preheated 400F oven until pastry is deep, golden brown,
about 20-25 minutes.

 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Rattlebridge Farms for Foodie Friday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday

6 comments:

  1. I often do this too, Alana. One big difference...I would never think of turning it over like you did. Yours is beautifully displayed, but I don't know that I could mine to come out of the pie dish as easily as you have. Definitely makes a pretty presentation! And the yummy ingredients inside make it delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! This is a go-to recipe when I need to fix something quick and don't feel like doing a lot of dishes :)

      Delete
  2. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner today (Sat.) and I copied this to make with left-over turkey tomorrow. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and thank you so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!