Sunday, December 1, 2013

Around Our Sunday Table

 
Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~George Herbert~
 
 
It is time for me to pause once again
and take time to give thanks.
Not just at Thanksgiving
but throughout the year.

 
Number one on my list for this week
is that hubby's blood work came back clear. 
 
 
It seems that the cost of living keeps going up
but as one bill has gone up
another one has gone down!
For that I am thankful as it keeps our budget even.

 

I am thankful for Off buttons.
 There is a time for TV, radios, music, etc
but I have learned to appreciate the sounds of the world around me,
the birds singing, the wind blowing through the trees, the dog snoring.
  Silence allows me to think, to dream, to imagine, to pray.
I am thankful I can turn off the artificial noise around me.

 
 
I am thankful for the good weather we have had this week.
It was nice to be able to be outside and enjoy the sun
before winter returns.

 
I am thankful for the relationship I have with my mother.
It has gone through some rocky times
but we are at a good place now
and it is nice.

 
What are you thankful for this week?
  
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

9 comments:

  1. I had to come back and tell you how thankful I am for what you wrote in this post ..... I am always looking for something to fill the silence and I kind of forgot about how peaceful silence is .... Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kath! I always appreciate it so much when you stop by and comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Alana, I love stopping by on Sundays to see your table. And the reminder that we always have so much to be thankful for!

    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for a restful weekend. I'm refusing to get caught up in the rush this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful to have a restful weekend and allowing yourself to enjoy the season!

      Delete
  4. Hi Alana, you've set another beautiful table! I am thankful for silence too. I enjoy having a quiet house when I am here alone. It is always very restful. I also have many things to be thankful for, mainly my family and extended family. They are a blessing in my life. Enjoy a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I find silence can be so refreshing and thank you for stopping by and sharing your blessings!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!