Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Saturday, February 1, 2014

Outside my window...
 
I am thinking... That I actually typed February - where did January go?

I am thankful for... My hardworking hubby.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Buns, Gravy, Corn, Mixed Veggies, Salad, Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
~Monday: Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry, Rice, Asian Salad, Banana Cream Pie
~Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Rice, Carrots, Mixed Veggies, Salad, Chocolate Chip Cake
~Wednesday: Salmon w/Lemon Dill Butter, Pasta, Peas, Salad, Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
~Thursday: BBQ Chicken (Crockpot), Rice, Green Beans, Salad, Banana Cream Pie
~Friday:  Citrus Halibut, Rice Pilaf, Carrots, Broccoli, Salad, Chocolate Chip Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

I am wearing... Black sweatpants and a blue striped sweater.
 
I am creating... Scrapbook pages, cards, painting a picture and x-stitching.

I am reading... Debt-Free Forever by Gail Vaz-Oxlade and Distant Dreams by Judith Pella & Tracie Peterson

I am praying for... Family & Friends

Pondering these words... Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.  ~Robert Louis Stevenson~
 
I am still hoping... To get over this bug that has been plaguing me since the beginning of January.

I am hearing... The radio and the furnace.

Around the house... It is quiet and things are in their place.

One of my favorite things... Candlelight.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Monday:  Continue working on decluttering kitchen
~Tuesday:  Continue working on decluttering kitchen
~Wednesday:  Housecleaning day
~Thursday:  Errands & Grocery Shopping
~Friday:  Visit Parents
~Saturday: Free Day
~Sunday:  Leave for a Weekend Getaway to the Mountains

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 



 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy this Alana! Your menu sounds delish! I haven't made S&S meatballs for some time. One of our favs! Get better and enjoy that mountain get away!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your violets are beautiful, Alana. Mine are starting to come around for blooming again...I love my African violets. :) It is always nice to see when a woman appreciates her husband...and isn't afraid to say so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! I love the cheerful blooms on my kitchen window sill. They make the gray, dreary days so much brighter :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!