Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Sunday, November 9, 2014

Outside my window... The sky is grey and their is a light skiff of snow.  A heavy snowfall warning is in effect for today.

I am thinking... That it is taking me awhile to get going this morning.

I am thankful for... Morning coffee!

From the kitchen...
~Sunday~
Roast Chicken w/Roasted Potatoes & Carrots, Gravy, Buns, Corn, Salad, 
Chocolate Icebox Cake
~Monday~  
Crockpot Sweet & Sour Ribs, Rice, Crockpot Cauliflower & Cheese, Salad, 
Banana Cream Pie
~Tuesday~  
Crockpot Chicken & Biscuits, Salad, 
Chocolate Chip Cake
~Wednesday~  
Pork Chops & Gravy, Buns, Crockpot Carrots, Salad, 
Chocolate Icebox Cake
~Thursday~  
Easy Stuffed Shells, Garlic Bread, Oven Baked Zucchini, Ceasar Salad, 
Banana Cream Pie
~Friday~ 
Cheesy Mushroom Fish Bake, Herbed Pasta, Garlic Green Beans, Mashed Turnip, Salad, 
Chocolate Chip Cake
~Saturday~
Out
Birthday Cake

I am wearing...  Jeans & a green t-shirt with a black cardigan

I am creating... Scrapbook pages, cards, painting a picture and x-stitching.

I am reading... "A Woman's Guide to Making Right Choices" by Elizabeth George

I am praying for... My daughter's budding relationship.

Pondering these words... "Woman can splash the world with the love of Christ...through kindness, caring, touching, meeting needs, and telling of their love for Christ."  ~Esther Burroughs~

I am hoping... That we don't get the freezing rain before the snow.

I am hearing... The fireplace.

Around the house... All is still quiet.

One of my favorite things... Sitting in front of the fireplace in the quiet of the morning with a steaming cup of fresh brewed coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Sunday:  Church & Work
~Monday:  Housework & Work
~Tuesday:  Remembrance Day & Work
~Wednesday:  Housework & Work
~Thursday:  Sister-in-law's Birthday, Errands & Grocery Shopping
~Friday:  Home Day
~Saturday:  Dad's Birthday - Supper with parents


Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 



 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. Alana, I always enjoy being here for a visit. You present such a peaceful atmosphere that makes me want to linger here.

    Your African violet is beautiful. Your menus sound delicious (as always). I am curious about the crockpot carrots. We grew our own and I have plenty. I'm looking for new and different ways to prepare them.

    And a heavy snowfall prediction is not what I am ready to hear just yet. Stay safe, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I always enjoy your visits. The crockpot carrots on the menu this week are simply carrots cooked in the crockpot. Add carrots, some water and seasoning. You can also use chicken stock instead of the water for a bit different flavor.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the tips, Alana. I will be giving them a try this week!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!