Thursday, February 4, 2016

Berry Crisp


Isn't it funny how you can start thinking about one thing
and it leads you to something completely different?
For me it started with my slight case of spring fever.
Hubby & I were discussing garden plans
and changes we want to make this year.
Next thing I knew I had a craving for a
Berry Crisp.
The tartness of the berries, the crunch of the top,
mixed with the sweetness of the ice cream.
It's like a spring sensation for your taste buds.
So, I scrounged around and this is what I came up with.


Berry Crisp
4 cups frozen mixed berries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour + 3 Tbsp.
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter


Toss the mixed berries with 1/3 cup sugar and 3 Tbsp. flour.
Place in a greased 9-inch baking pan.


Combine the cooking oats, brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour.
Add butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle over the berries.


Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes
or until golden brown.


Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
(I topped with Vanilla Fudge Crackle to add a chocolate crunch)


 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I will be trying your recipe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eilis! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!